Banh Mi Boom!
Banh Mi Boom
- Bread Knife
- Griddle (toaster oven works or if need be, an oven)
- Microwave (if so then no pan)
- Non-Stick Frying Pan & Lid (is so then no microwave)
- 1 # Crispy Baked ToFu See "Crispy Baked ToFu" Recipe
- 2 Cup Sweet Pickled Veggie Mix See "Sweet Pickled Veggie Mix" Recipe
- 1 Cup Sriracha Honey Mayo You'll prolly not need that much
- 4 ea Ciabatta Rolls
- Slice the bread evenly.
- Be it by griddle or toaster oven (if all you've got is an oven you can still do a bang up job) begin to toast the inside of the sliced rolls.
- Begin to heat up the tofu. If in microwave, 1 minute then flip and another 30 seconds or so. If the tofu is steaming and hissing, that's too long. If pan then on your non-stick surface apply the smallest amount of butter or oil and fry your tofu. Since you're frying it, aim for crispy.
- Pull out rolls, spread mayo to desired thickness.
- Distribute hot tofu on bottom half of roll, top with generous potions of sweet pickled veggies and top with top half of ciabatta.
- GRIDDLE: Place back on griddle for a couple minutes until bread is hot and crispyTOASTER OVEN: Wrap in tin foil and pop in toaster oven for 3-5 minutes until hot and crispy.REGULAR OVEN: See TOASTER OVEN instructions
This is where lesson materials will go. would go. I'll go. weeeeeeee