Ardella’s House is a service and advocacy organization committed to helping women with criminal justice histories realize new possibilities for themselves and their families. AH program services make it possible for women to obtain work, housing, and health care; to rebuild their families; and to participate fully in civic life.
WOAR’s mission is to eliminate all forms of sexual violence through specialized treatment services, comprehensive prevention education programs, and advocacy for the rights of victims of sexual assault. To accomplish this mission, we fight all forms of oppression including racism and gender-based violence.
“WOAR has long supplemented Temple’s sexual misconduct resources, but now members of the university community will benefit from their on-site presence after regular business hours,” said Andrea Seiss, Temple’s Title IX coordinator. “This safe, confidential reporting option provides 24/7 support and response by one of the nation’s most respected rape crisis centers.”
Excerpt taken from Temple Now Article: Temple & WOAR Establish Region’s First Campus Office
Photo Taken from Philadelphia Inquirer Article: These Young People Are Helping Bartenders Stop Sexual Assault Before It Happens
WOAR’s services include:
- WOAR’s 24-Hour Crisis Hotline
- Bi-lingual/Bi-cultural individual therapy to survivors and their loved ones
- Group therapy to victims/survivors
- Forensic exam accompaniment
- Court accompaniment
- Human Trafficking Drop-in Center, coming this year!
- Provides trainings within schools, social service organizations, and the community at large
- Specializes in working within the Latino communities of Philadelphia
Includes specialized programs:
- Healthy Masculinity Initiative
- Safe Bars Philly (These training are not free; for more information, please click the link)
- lotus Program
Volunteer & Internship Program
Please explore our website to learn more about sexual violence and the array of services that WOAR can provide to survivors, family members and the community.
The Felder-Williams Project aspires to increase awareness in the community on every facet of child abuse; along with encouraging children to grow through obstacles that stand in their way. We, at The Felder-Williams Project nonprofit organization, graciously accept any monetary donations given in support of helping the families and children in need!